Darwyn E. Linder
- Media Contact
- SPN Mentor
Professor Linder retired from Arizona State University on 12/31/2005, and now resides in Roxborough Park, Colorado, with an additional residence in Snowmass Village, Colorado. His continuing interests include the cognitive, affective and evolutionary determinants of sexual attraction, gender effects in stress and affiliation, cognitive models of attitude formation and change, psychological aspects of the "tragedy of the commons," and sport psychology.
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Communication, Language
- Evolution and Genetics
- Group Processes
- Health Psychology
- Interpersonal Processes
- Organizational Behavior
- Persuasion, Social Influence
- Research Methods, Assessment
- Allen, J., Kenrick, D. T., Linder, D. E., & McCall, M. (1989). Arousal and attraction: A response facilitation alternative to misattribution and negative reinforcement models. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 57, 261-270.
- Aronson, E., & Linder, D. E. (1965). Gain and loss of esteem as determinants of interpersonal attractiveness. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 1, 156 171.
- Bartholomew, J. B. & Linder, D. E. (1998) State Anxiety Following Resistance Exercise: The Role of Gender and Exercise Intensity. The Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 21, 205-219.
- Brewer, B. W., Van Raalte, J. L., & Linder, D. E. (1990). Effects of pain on motor performance. Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 12, 353 365.
- Brewer, B. W., Van Raalte, J. L., Linder, D. E., & Van Raalte, N. S. (1991). Peak performance and the perils of retrospective introspection. Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 13, 227-238.
- Hass, R. G., & Linder, D. E. (1972). Effects of counterargument availability and message structure on attitude change. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 23, 219 233.
- Jones, R. A., Linder, D. E., Kiesler, C. A., Zanna, M., & Brehm, J. W. (1968). Internal states or external stimuli: Observers' attitude judgments and the dissonance theory self persuasion controversy. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 4, 247 269.
- Lewis, B. P. & Linder, D. E. (1997). Thinking about choking? Attentional processes and paradoxical performance. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 23, 937-944.
- Linder, D. E., Cooper, J., & Jones, E. E. (1967). Decision freedom as a determinant of the role of incentive magnitude in attitude change. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 6, 245 254.
- Lutz, R. S., Landers, D. M., & Linder D. E. (2001). Procedural variables and skill level influences on preperformance mental practice efficacy. Journal of Mental Imagery, 25, 115-134.
- Neidert, G. P. M., & Linder, D. E. (1990). Avoiding social traps: Some conditions that maintain adherence to restricted consumption. Social Behaviour, 5, 261?284.
- Schroeder, D. A., & Linder, D. E. (1976). Effects of actors' causal role, outcome severity, and knowledge of prior accidents upon attributions of responsibility. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 12, 340 356.
- Linder, D. E., Lutz, R. L., Crews, D. J., & Lochbaum, M. (1998). Who chokes and when? Situational and dispositional factors in failure under pressure. Golf and Science III: Procedings of the World Scientific Congress of Golf, 207-212.
Darwyn E. Linder
4798 Ponderosa Trail
Littleton, Colorado 80125
United States of America
- Phone: (720) 981-5923
- Fax: (720) 981-5923